Every great data analyst or scientist needs a great setup. Even for a simple data geek like me, a powerful set-up built from reasonable prices can even provide a much smoother analysis experience.
So here’s where I place all of the recommended machine set-up items for data work as well as my personal set-up for your reference.
Here’s a list of all my items shown above:
- Desk: Ikea LINNMON / ADILS (Black-brown)
- Chair: Secretlab Titan Evo 2022 Royal
- Laptop: Lenovo Legion 5
- Monitor: PRISM+ X240 24″ 165hz Curved Gaming Monitor
- Speakers: Google Nest Mini
- Keyboard: Razer Black Widow (old version) – (Latest version here)
- Gaming Mouse: Logitech G402 Optical Gaming Mouse Hyperion Fury
- Work: Mouse: Logitech Multi-Device Mouse M585
- Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Black
- Deskmat: Premium Leather Desk Mouse Pad – Baby Blue (Shopee Link, Alternative Amazon link)
- Artificial Plants: Ikea Fejka Small Plants
Data Tools I Use
|1||Spreadsheets||Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets|
|2||Data Visualization||Tableau Desktop, Power BI|
|3||Data Analytics Programming (Python)||Spyder, VS Code, Jupyter Notebooks|
|4||Data Analytics Programming (R)||RStudio|
|5||Database||DBeaver, SQLite, MySQL Workbench, MongoDB Compass|
Here are the other accessories I use but aren’t really used for data science. I thought I’d put them below since some of you might be interested.
- Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Smartwatch: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm
- Earphones: Samsung Galaxy Buds
- Wireless Battery Pack: Samsung Portable Fast Charger Battery Pack
Do note that these may not be the highest-end of items. They are items that I would use myself for their high value with reasonable pricing.